Welcome to Hamilton!
- An ambitious city with great customer service and a wide range of amenities and attractions.
- One of Canada’s most diverse economies with strong representation from the Healthcare, Education, and Arts & Culture sectors – just to name a few.
- Located in the centre of the most densely populated corridor of economic activity in Canada, Hamilton is Canada’s 9th largest regional economy and is the 5th largest “Mega-Region” in North America (Martin Prosperity Group, Hamilton Benchmarking).
- Hamilton has one of the strongest young professional networks in Canada (Hamilton Hive) that focuses on next generation talent development, building a talent pool of highly skilled employees, and building and sharing business networks.
- We host more than 100 meeting and convention-related events per year.
What We Offer:
- Exceptional customer service
- A downtown with over 1,000 hotel rooms
- Approximately 13 large venues (13,000 to 17,000 square feet); 27 medium-sized venues (700 to 12,000 square feet); and 100+ of small and unique venues (search small and medium venues )
- Significant and recent growth in new and innovative restaurants (95 new restaurants opened in 2013)
- Beautiful waterfront, trails, waterfalls, golf courses and arts and music
- 200 music venues ranging from bars, pubs, clubs, to theatres, and large stadium venues
- 300+ annual outdoor events
Major Conventions & Events Held Here:
- 2016 Heritage Canada: The National Trust’s Annual Conference
- 2016 Ontario Professional Planners Institute Annual Conference
- 2016 Co-Operative Housing of Canada Conference and AGM
- 2016 Kiwanis International Annual District Convention
- 2015 JUNO Awards
- 2015 PanAm Games (soccer)
- 2015 Ontario Association of Architects Conference
- 2015 Economic Developer Council of Ontario Annual Conference and Showcase
- 2015 ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships
- 2015 Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology Conference
- 2014 Canadian Water Resource Association National Congress
- 2014 International Association of Great Lakes Research Annual Meeting
- 2014 Nurse Practitioners Association of Canada Conference
- 2013 United Way of Canada Annual Conference
- 2013 Ontario Building Officials Annual Conference
- 2013 Canadian Association of University Business Officer Annual Conference
- 2012 Canadian Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting
- 2012 Ontario Dental Hygienists’ Association Annual Conference
Sherry Lucia, our Tourism Product Development Specialist – Meeting and Convention Sales, is available to help and offer the following assistance:
- Development of Bid Proposals
- Site Inspections
- Planning Assistance
- Attendance Building
- Transportation Assistance
- Media and Promotion
- Visitor/Delegate Information & Registration Assistance
- Receptions and Entertainment
- Welcome Letters
- Airport Transfers
- Convention Alerts
- Post-Convention/Event Evaluation
For further information, please contact Sherry.